The results are now available for the 2015 WritersUA User Assistance Skills & Technologies Survey. This annual survey asks UA professionals about the elements that make up their daily design and implementation. We looked at Skills, Technologies, and Platforms. Thank you to all who participated.
Some of the interesting items for 2015 include:
- Support for Mobile devices increased by 7% from last year.
- Over three-quarters of respondents support Apple’s iOS.
- Over three-quarters of respondents use Agile processes.
- Only 1 in 5 highly value HTML Help.
- Print is still of use for 23% of respondents.
- Browser-based Help and PDF remain the dominant technologies.
- Writing procedures remains the most valued skill.
- Our use of multimedia and usability testing increased from last year.