Samara (RU), May 27, 2013—Indigo Byte announces the release of Dr.Explain 4.9 ( http://www.drexplain.com/ ), an application used by software developers and technical authors to automate the creation of software help systems and user manuals. Thanks to social network buttons and widgets for commenting on Facebook and Disqus, online user manuals created with Dr.Explain can help you promote your products through social networks.
Dr.Explain is based on a unique interface analysis and screen capture system. This software tool can automatically analyze your application’s user interface, take screenshots of all controls (including buttons, menus, lists, and editable areas), and then add explanatory callouts to all images in the draft help system. After that, all you need to do is add descriptions to the callouts, and save the result in the HTML, CHM, RTF, or PDF format.
Dr.Explain is successfully used for creating user manuals by tens of thousands of software developers all over the world, including startups and major firms.
What’s new in Dr.Explain 4.9
In addition to the features available in the previous version (see the change list on the application’s website), version 4.9 offers some new ones:
• New interactive design of online user manuals. The modern style, a number of ready-made color schemes, and flexible settings for creating a unique design let you easily make your online user manual an integral part of your corporate or product website.
• Social media optimization (SMO) of user manuals. In the new version of Dr.Explain, we added some tools for promoting your software product through social networks. You can add the “Like” (Facebook), “Google +1”, “Tweet”, or other buttons to the pages of your online user manual. So if some users like your application, they can easily create posts about it in their social networks, and their friends will quickly learn about your application via their news feed.
• User generated content. Now Dr.Explain lets you add widgets for commenting on Facebook or Disqus (the most popular content commenting platform) to your help system in order to provide instant feedback from your users and create a strong “viral” effect. This way, information about your product can easily spread over social networks even without any efforts on your part, creating a brand recognition effect.
• Adding videos to user manuals. Dr.Explain provides a handy tool for adding videos from YouTube and other popular video hosting services to user manuals, which will make your help system even more vivid, informative, and illustrative.
• Instant PDF preview. The quick PDF preview feature lets you easily preview pages without fully exporting your help project to the PDF format.
Availability and compatible devices
Dr.Explain 4.9 can be used on a PC with Microsoft Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, or 8. For more details, explanatory videos, and the trial version of the product, please visit the developer’s website: http://www.drexplain.com/
# # #
NOTE FOR THE EDITOR AND USER GROUP LEADERS: Indigo Byte will happily provide any information and the full version of Dr.Explain to help you prepare a review. Moreover, the company is offering the latest version of the product for your magazine’s CD issue.
Dennis Crane Indigo Byte CEO, lead developer E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org