Intuillion Ltd, the developer of DITAToo DITA CMS (http://www.ditatoo.com/) is happy to announce that DITAToo DITA CMS version 1.7 has been released and is now available!
The new version provides new features that facilitate and improve the way you create, edit, and publish DITA. These are highlights of the new features that you’ll find in DITAToo 1.7:
- DITAToo FrameMaker Connector is now provided as a part of the standard DITAToo installation. The installation wizard now asks you whether you want to install the connector, and if you are using FrameMaker 11 as your DITA editor, you can choose to install it together with DITAToo.
- Control how DITAToo generates the file name of a new topic. You can now specify how you want DITAToo to generate a file name for the new topic. You can make the file name to be the same as the topic title or the same as the topic ID. Alternatively, you can enter the file name manually.
- Specify templates for creating new specialized topics. If you created your own specializations, you can specify the template to be used, and DITAToo will create a new topic based on this template.
- Specify an additional DITA editor. You can now specify a plain text editor if you want to modify directly the XML source of a topic or map.
- Open a project in a DITA Editor. Earlier versions of DITAToo did not allow you to open a project in a DITA editor. You had to download the entire project to your local drive first. Starting from version 1.7, you can open a project for editing in a DITA editor specified in DITAToo in the same way as you open a topic for editing.
- Open a topic in read-only mode. Starting from version 1.7, you can select from the context menu whether you want to open the topic for editing (in this case, DITAToo checks out the topic) or open it in read-only mode. In the latter case, DITAToo does not check out the topic.
- Specifying advanced publishing parameters, like allocating additional memory for DITA OT, or using a custom XSL stylesheet for HTML output, in the publishing templates.
We’ve recorded a short video that guides you through these features. You can watch the video at our blog here: http://ig5authoringtools.com/ditatoo-dita-cms-1-7-is-out/
As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.