For over twenty years, Joe Welinske has been working with clients to improve their software user experience. Typical engagements range from a few days of consulting to longer term contracting assignments. Activities include the design and implementation of user interface and support content, information architecture, user assistance, and usability testing. The focus is on effective content – not content volume.
Most projects are conducted remotely from the Seattle-area.
Recent clients include, AT&T, Blink Interactive, ACT, Adobe, and ADP.
Please contact Joe for further details.
• Twenty-two years as a contractor, consultant, and trainer in the software industry
• Lecturer at the University of Washington in the Department of Human-Centered Design and Engineering, the University of California at Santa Cruz, and Bellevue College
• Recently published the book Developing User Assistance for Mobile Apps
• Producer of the WritersUA Conference for Software User Assistance
• Co-authored the popular and pioneering book Developing Online Help for Windows
• Research design, usability testing, persona development, information architecture, instructional video, user interface design, technical writing, content management, user assistance, eLearning, podcasting
• Interaction Designer with Blink Interactive (Feb. 2012 – present)
• Self-employed since 1989 as President, WritersUA
• Two-term President of the Puget Sound Chapter of STC (2006-08)
• Membership director for the Puget Sound Chapter of the Usability Professionals Association (2010)
• BS Industrial Engineering, U. of Illinois, 1982
• MS Education: Adult Instructional Management, Loyola U., 1987
• Myron L. White award as an International Leader in Technical Communication by the U. of Washington
• Associate Fellow of the Society for Technical Communication
Available upon request.